Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hiking in Paradise

We took a trip to Sipi Falls and on this trip we brought a nine year old little girl named Gilla. Earlier that morning, Cantor Spilker asked if there was one place in the world she would want to go where would it be, she replied Sipi Falls, her dream came true later that morning.
 When we got there our guide Patrick gave everyone a large bamboo stick to help us hike through a very muddy trail.  On the trail we climbed a lot of hills and we saw three different waterfalls.  On our hike we had a few miss hap’s, from people falling and hitting their head on a bush to someone hitting the tour guide between the eyes with a stick.
At the first falls we saw a guy repelling down to the side of the falls.  Then we ventured to the second falls, and to get there we had to climb a ladder, hike passed a cave, walk down a road and hike through mud.  Before we reached the second falls we arrived at a restaurant.  We passed the restaurant and got to the second falls.  At this falls we got to stand behind it.  After we were done at the second falls we ventured back to the restaurant for a lunch break.
By this point most of us were tired so we decided to drive half way to the third falls and walk the rest.  To get to this falls we walk right through someone’s yard.  Then we continued down the path and reached the final waterfall.  There was mist everywhere and it looked beautiful.  We ventured back to the cars to return home to the guest house all muddy and tired.   
-Ben Forman

   An Adeledum:
Never put a stick in my hand and send me sliding down a large slope.  The first mishap occured about around 500 yards down the mountain.  I gracefully got up, hoping that no one would realize I went down.  That did not happen.  I was glad that all my bones were intact. Later, I was not so lucky as we tight roped across a small wooden bridge.  I was almost across+ but the last step was a doozie, my flat soled tennis shoes slid off the bridge endlessly falling with my head landing on a banana tree.  My face became a cyclops and Patrick decided that I needed to come to the head of the line and hold his hand for the rest of the journey.    This was working amazingly well until my stick slipped and it stabbed Patrick very close to his eye.  Oh dear! A millimeter closer I would have taken out his eye.  I am so glad that did not happen and equally glad that he continued to be my leader and hold my hand.  We arrived at the end of our hike after seeing the an amazing water fall in the land before time with a bruised head and a guide with a bandaide on his face. 

Our guide Patrick 




1 comment:

  1. Another couple of interesting posts. Thank you. We continue to look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete